Saturday, May 19, 2012

the poem/story that inspired tougher colder killer

you may have seen me mention that the song tougher colder killer on my new album was inspired by a short poem/story by my godfather sevan minasian.  he was kind enough to send it my way today.  here it is:


Message found on the corpse of a soldier.Dear Enemy, I have killed your son.  He had caught sight of me and followed me.  He had courage.  I backtracked and shot him from ambush. He died quickly and with dignity.  In the quiet after, I crawled over to him.  I took him into my arms.  I kissed him.  He is my first kill.  I die with him.  My name is Tom Daly Jr..  Before I came to your country, I lived with my parents, Alice and Thomas E. Daly, in Springdale, Oklahoma.

Sevan Minasian

No comments:

Post a Comment